Thank you for visiting GeoShepard. Please contact us to find out how GeoShepard can augment your Cannabis Video Surveillance and Security needs. For your convenience, here is a list of Cannabis Security Requirements for your Marijuana operation.
To get the most up to date Cannabis Security Requirements for Washington, please contact Travis Tash at 253-269-4219 or visit his website.
- Cameras must cover all areas with marijuana items on the licenses premise.
- Cameras must record at a minimum resolution of 640/470px and 10 fps.
- Keep all recordings for a minimum of 45 days and be easily accessible for viewing.
- Surveillance system must have capability to produce a still photo from any camera image.
- System must immediately notify the licensee of any equipment failure or system outage.
- Archive video recordings in format that ensures authentication of legitimately captured video and guarantees that no alterations of the video has taken place.
- Required camera coverage:
- All POS areas.
- All points of entry to or exit from limited access areas. All points of entry to o r exit from the license premises.
- Must capture clear and certain images of individual & activity occurring. Within 20 feet both inside & outside of all points of entry to and exit from the licensed premise.
- Anywhere within secure or limited access areas on licensed premises.
- Any room or area storing a surveillance system storage device.
- Rooms or areas where marijuana or marijuana waste is never present are not considered control areas and do not require camera coverage.
Cannabis Security Requirements:
- At a minimum,each licensed premises must have a security alarm system on all perimeter entry points and perimeter windows. Motion detectors, pressure switches, duress, panic, and hold-up alarms may also be utilized.