Thank you for visiting GeoShepard. Please contact us to find out how GeoShepard can augment your Cannabis Video Surveillance and Security needs. For your convenience, here is a list of Cannabis Security Requirements for your Marijuana operation.
- Cameras must continuously record for 24 hrs and be available in real time.
- Recordings shall not be destroyed or altered and retained for at least 90 days.
- A date and time stamp embedded on al l video surveillance recordings. The date and time shall be synchronized and set correctly and shall not significantly obscure the picture.
- Surveillance system must have capability to produce a still photo from any camera image either live or recorded and must have printer onsite.
- System must immediately notify the licensee of any equipment failure or system outage within 5 minutes of the event.
- Archive video recordings in format that ensures authentication of legitimately captured video and guarantees that no alterations of the video has taken place.
- The cameras shall be angled/directed so all areas are captured, including, but not limited to; safes, vaults, sales areas and areas where cannabis is stored, handled, dispensed or destroyed. Outside areas include store front, & parking lot.
- Camera must show POS and capture the sale, the individuals and the computer monitors used for the sale.
- Cameras shall be angled to allow for facial recognition, the capture of clear and certain identification of any person entering or exiting the dispensary area & in lighting sufficient during all times of night or day.
- All monitors must be 19-inches or greater.
- Sufficient battery backup for video cameras and recording equipment to support recording in the event of a power outage.
Cannabis Security Requirements:
- Must have fully operational security alarm system on a ll entry/exit points, and perimeter windows
- Must be programmed to notify a monitoring center in the event of a breach
- A duress alarm, panic button and alarm, holdup alarm or after hour s intrusion detection alarm that by design and purpose will directly or indirectly notify, by the most efficient means, the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the law enforcement agency having primary jurisdiction.