Thank you for visiting GeoShepard.com. Please contact us to find out how GeoShepard can augment your Cannabis Video Surveillance and Security needs. For your convenience, here is a list of Cannabis Security Requirements for your Marijuana operation.
- Video surveillance equipment shall consist of digital or network video recorders, cameras capable of meeting the recording requirements described in this rule, video monitors, digital archiving devices, and a color printer capable of delivering still color photos.
- Cameras must cover all areas with marijuana items on the licensed premise
- All camera views of all Limited Access Areas must be continuously recorded 24 hours a day. The use of motion detection is authorized when a Licensee can demonstrate that monitored activities are adequately recorded.
- Must have minimum of 1 hour of recording time in the event of power outage.
- Keep all recordings for a minimum of 40 days and be easily accessible for viewing
- Surveillance system must have capability to produce a still color photo from any camera image, live or recorded
- System must immediately notify the licensee of any equipment failure or system outage
- The date and time must be embedded on all surveillance recordings without significantly obscuring the picture. The date and time must be synchronized with any point-of-sale system.
- All records applicable to the surveillance system shall be maintained on the Licensed Premises.
- At a minimum, Licensees shall maintain a map of the camera locations, direction of coverage, camera numbers, surveillance equipment maintenance activity log, user authorization list and operating instructions for the surveillance equipment.
- Archive video recordings in format that ensures authentication of legitimately-captured video and guarantees that no alterations of the video has taken place.
- A chronological point-of-sale transaction log must be made available to be used in conjunction with recorded video of those transactions.
- Required camera coverage:
- All POS areas and Limited Access Areas
- All points of entry to or exit from the license premises
- All areas where Medical Marijuana or Medical Marijuana-Infused Product is displayed for sale
- All entrances and exits to the facility shall be recorded from both indoor and outdoor vantage points
- Must capture clear and certain images of individual & activity occurring within 20 feet of all points of ingress and egress to Limited Access Areas
- At each point-of-sale location, camera coverage must enable recording of the patients, caregiver or customer(s) and employee(s) facial features with sufficient clarity to determine identity
Cannabis Security Requirements:
- Must have fully operational security alarm system on all entry/exit points, and perimeter windows
- The Licensees shall maintain up to date and current records and existing contracts on the Premises that describe the location and operation of each Security Alarm System, a schematic of security zones, the name of the Alarm Installation Company, and the name of any Monitoring Company
- Must be programmed to notify a monitoring center in the event of a breach
- Must have at least 2 operational “panic buttons” located inside the facility that are programmed with the alarm system to notify the monitoring center.
- Any outdoor Optional Premises Cultivation Facility, or greenhouse cultivation, is a Limited Access Area and must meet all of the requirements for Security Alarm Systems described in this rule.