Thank you for visiting GeoShepard. Please contact us to find out how GeoShepard can augment your Cannabis Video Surveillance and Security needs. For your convenience, here is a list of Cannabis Security Requirements for your Marijuana operation.
- Cameras must continuously record for 24 hrs I day and record at 10fps in limited access areas.
- In exterior perimeter and non-limited access area cameras need a minimum resolution of 1280 x 720px and to record at 5 fps, except where coverage overlaps any limited access areas such as entrances or exits and in those overlap areas cameras must record at 10 fps.
- Cameras must cover all areas with marijuana items on the licensed premise.
- Cameras must record at a minimum resolution of 1280/720px.
- Must have minimum of 1 hour of recording time in the event of power outage.
- Keep all recordings for a minimum of 30 days and be easily accessible for viewing.
- Surveillance system must have capability to produce a still photo from any camera image.
- System must immediately notify the licensee of any equipment failure or system outage.
- Archive video recordings in format that ensures authentication of legitimately captured video and guarantees that no alterations of the video has taken place.
- Required camera coverage:
- All POS areas.
- All points of entry to or exit from limited access areas. All points of entry to or exit from the license premises.
- Must capture clear and certain images of individual & activity occurring within 15 feet both inside & outside of all points of entry to and exit from the licensed premise.
- Anywhere within secure or limited access areas on licensed premises.
Cannabis Security Requirements:
- Must have fully operational security alarm system on all entry/exit points, and perimeter windows.
- Must be able to detect movement within any indoor area.
- Must be programmed to notify a monitoring center in the event of a breach.
- Must have at least 2 operational “panic buttons” located inside the facility that are programmed with the alarm system to notify the monitoring center.