Thank you for visiting GeoShepard. Please contact us to find out how GeoShepard can augment your Cannabis Video Surveillance and Security needs. For your convenience, here is a list of Cannabis Security Requirements for your Marijuana operation.
- Cameras must continuously record for 24 hrs and is required to monitor the interior and exterior of a medical marijuana establishment, a live feed of which must be accessible to authorized law enforcement at al l times, and in real-time.
- A video camera in each grow room which is capable of identifying any activity occurring within the grow room in low light conditions.
- Video cameras with a recording resolution of at least 704 x 480 or the equivalent.
- A method for storing video recordings from the video cameras for at least 30 days.
- All recorded images must clearly and accurately display the time and date.
- A failure notification system that provides an audible and visual notification of any failure in the electronic monitoring system.
- The data storage device must be secured on-site in a lock box, cabinet, closet, or secured in another manner to protect from employee or third-party tampering or theft.
- Sufficient battery backup for video cameras and recording equipment to support at least 5 minutes of recording in the event of a power outage.
- A video printer capable of immediately producing a c l ear still photo from any video camera image & at least one call-up monitor that is 19 inches or more.
- A sign must be posted in any customer areas that the customer is under video surveillance.
- Archive video recordings in format that ensures authentication of legitimately captured video and guarantees that no alterations of the video has taken place.
- Required camera coverage:
- All POS areas and waiting areas.
- All points of entry to or exit from limited access areas. All points of entry to or exit from the license premises.
- Within 20 feet of the exterior of the building and any parking, fenced, or loading areas. A motion detection lighting system may be employed to illuminate the gate area in low light conditions.
- Must ensure all production, transport, delivery, shipping, labeling and packaging areas have fixed camera coverage capable of identifying activity occurring within a minimum of 20 feet.
Cannabis Security Requirements:
- A series of devices to detect unauthorized intrusion, which may include a signal system interconnected with a radio frequency method, such as cellular or private radio signals, or other mechanical or electronic device.
- Immediate automatic or electronic notification to alert local law enforcement agencies of an unauthorized breach.